Are you leaving your current abode? Be sure to leave it clean for the new residents with this Kansas City move-out cleaning checklist!
During a move, you are faced with a million different tasks: hiring a moving company, or renting a truck and packing your self; transferring utilities and billing addresses; making plans for your pets and children during the move…and so many additional items that arise out of nowhere. Sometimes, during the moving process, the move-out cleaning can be the last thing on our minds. However, this is an important task, especially if you are preparing for an open house to sell your home or if you are renting and need to ensure the full return of your deposit.
Here’s our Kansas City Move-Out Cleaning Checklist:
- Clean hardwood and tile floors by hand (mops and brooms can leave residue)
- Clean baseboards, crown molding, doors, window trim and tops of doors and cabinets by hand
- Clean blinds and windows. Be sure to clean each and every window blind by hand on both sides, and don’t forget to clean the window sills, locks, and trim.
- Vacuum carpeting using quality vacuums (We recommend state of the art, organically treated HEPA micro filter machines)
- Clean kitchen cabinets, pulls, and backsplash thoroughly
- Scrub shower doors, grout, and tile (Be sure to use 100% non-toxic products to avoid breathing in harsh chemicals and fumes)
- Dust light fixtures, ceiling fans, and vents by hand
With some time and some elbow grease, your home will be sparkling clean and ready to welcome its new residents!
Does this Kansas City move-out cleaning checklist seem a little overwhelming for you? A Green Way Home Cleaning specializes in deep cleaning services that are perfect for move-out cleaning. In fact, treat yourself to a move-in cleaning at your new place, just in case the previous residents weren’t so thoughtful. You deserve it!
Contact A Green Way Home Cleaning today to get started.